Biography of Thomas D. Goldrick

A native and, with the exception of several years of his youth spent in Woonsocket, a life-long resident of the town of Burrillville, Mr. Goldrick as a young man, served as assistant postmaster and since 1924 has been postmaster of Pascoag, Burrillville Township. A veteran of the World War, he is a member of several military organizations and he also takes an active interest in fraternal and religious affairs.

Thomas D. Goldrick was born in the town of Burrillville, Providence County, March 30, 1895, a son of Dennis and Catherine (Pendergast) Goldrick. Both his parents were natives of Rhode Island, his father, now deceased, having been for many years connected with the textile mills. Mr. Goldrick received his early education in the public grammar and high schools of his native town and then attended a commercial college at Woonsocket. He then found employment in the mills at Woonsocket. Later, he returned to Pascoag and Burrillville Township and became connected with the business interests of Frank Fagan. Mr. Fagan was one of the well-known business men of this section, the owner of a coal business, and the postmaster of Pascoag. After the United States entered the World War, Mr. Goldrick, in August, 1917, enlisted in the 6th Engineers, 3d Division. He served until August 30, 1919, when he received his honorable discharge, having spent twenty-one months overseas. In 1924, President Coolidge appointed him postmaster of Pascoag, Burrillville Township, a position he has held since. He is assisted in the work by an assistant postmaster, one rural carrier and two village carriers. His religious affiliation is with the Roman Catholic Church, while his politics is that of the Republican party.

Mr. Goldrick married Doris Ballou, a native of Pascoag, Burrillville Township, and a daughter of J. O. Ballou, a lumberman of Pascoag. Mr. and Mrs. Goldrick are the parents of two sons: Thomas D., Jr., and Robert.

Carroll, Charles. Rhode Island: Three Centuries of Democracy, vol 3 of 4. New York: Lewis historical Pub. Co., 1932.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top