A native and lifelong resident of Rhode Island, Albert Frederick Ford, after graduating from high school, entered the employ of the Lippit Woolen Company, of Woonsocket, and since then has continued to be connected with this important and successful industrial establishment. As its superintendent he occupies a prominent position in the business life of Woonsocket.
Albert Frederick Ford was born in Woonsocket, December 18, 1881, a son of the late Albert A. and Ellen J. (Brown) Ford. His father was a native of Gloucester, Rhode Island, and for many years was connected with the Glenark Knitting Company. Mr. Ford received his education in the public schools of Woonsocket and, after completing the high school course, he entered the employ of the Lippit Woolen Company, Woonsocket. There he proved himself so capable that he was frequently promoted, advancing to positions of importance and responsibility, until he was made superintendent of the company. The offices of the company are located at No. 1 Main Street, Woonsocket. Mr. Ford is well known in the woolen industry and is highly regarded for his thorough knowledge of it and for his business ability. He is a member of a Woonsocket Lodge, Free and Accepted Masons, and of the Woonsocket Chapter, Royal Arch Masons. He is also a member of the Cumberland Country Club, of which he was at one time the president and director. In politics he is a Republican, while his religious affiliation is with the Universalist Church.
Mr. Ford married Cora W. Carpenter, a native of Mendon, Massachusetts, and a daughter of Leslie N. and Clara (Wilson) Carpenter. Mrs. Ford’s father was successfully engaged in agricultural pursuits for many years. Mr. and Mrs. Ford are the parents of two children:
- Herman W. Ford, who received his education in the Woonsocket schools and at the Moses Brown School.
- Robert S. Ford, a student at Tabor Academy. The family residence is located at No. 118 Woodland Road, Woonsocket.
Carroll, Charles. Rhode Island: Three Centuries of Democracy, vol 3 of 4. New York: Lewis historical Pub. Co., 1932.